Who has never been victim of phishing?
Some strategies hackers use and some useful advice to help your #business.
Keep secure your passwords, credit cards, or other sensitive information, to avoid hackers stealing your valuable data.
The purpose of #phishing is to collect sensitive information with the intention of using that information to gain access to protected data and networks.
Various phishing techniques used by attackers are:
-Embedding a link in an email that redirects your employee to an unsecure website that requests sensitive information;
-Installing a Trojan via a malicious email attachment will allow the intruder to obtain sensitive information;
To protect itself against phishing, a company may:
– Educate its employees and conduct training sessions with phishing scenarios;
– Employees should be trained on security awareness as part of their orientation;
– Let them know that no credible website would ask for their password over e-mail;
– Additionally, employees need to be careful which browsers they use. They need to read all URLs from right to left;
– Deploy a SPAM filter that detects viruses, blank senders;
– Keep all systems current with the latest security patches and updates;
– Install an antivirus solution, schedule signature updates, and monitor the antivirus status on all equipment.
– Encrypt all sensitive company information;
– Convert HTML email into text only email messages or disable HTML email messages.
Keep your business environment protected!